Monday, May 26, 2014

The Dumbest Person

"No," she said. "You don’t get to choose who you fall in love with."

He only answered with a cocky grin and waited for her to continue.

She sighed, closed her eyes, and carefully chose her words. “You don’t get to choose who you fall in love with. You see, I fell in love with someone who could be the world’s dumbest person. He makes fun of the littlest things I do, he leaves me sulking on a corner when he sees something prettier than me, he only calls me when he needed help with his Algebra homework, he only talks to me when he couldn’t find anyone else to talk to, he only treats me as his last resort when he has ran out of options, and he never apologizes if he did something that broke my heart.”

She caught her breath, and continued. 

"You see, he did nothing but to treat me like trash, but I fell for him anyway. Because even though the world sees him as the dumbest person of all, I disregarded all his imperfections without even knowing it. He is perfectly imperfect, but all I see is how beautiful he is even in the minutest things he does. How he flashes his cocky grin, how he chuckles over the phone when he couldn’t get the Math equation I’m explaining, how he walks, how he utters my name in the cutest possible way, how he drums his hands on the table when he listens to his iPod, and how his forehead wrinkles in disgust when the teacher tells a green joke in class. He obliviously stole my heart like a thief, and up until now, he still has it. I didn’t plan to fall for him, I didn’t plan for it to happen. As much as I try to run away, I still find myself running back to him without even knowing why.

"That’s why no, you can’t choose the person you fall for. It just happens. And when it happens, there’s no easy way out of it."

He looked dazed by her sudden outburst. “And why, exactly are you telling me all these?”

She hesitated for a moment.

"Because you are the world’s dumbest person, that’s why." 

No comments:

Post a Comment