Thursday, July 15, 2021

Untitled Blogspot Re-welcome Post

"I guess people are naturally in denial. Instead of completely acknowledging the flaws of something we thought was perfect, we often choose to look on the brighter side of it and dismiss the idea that things, indeed, are going to shit. We try to remain inside our comfort zones, dismissing the looming, overwhelming, and excruciating fact that the comfort we once experienced in it just isn't the same as before.

At the back of our minds, we know that things have enormously changed. However, we opt to dismiss the very thought and hold on to the false idea that everything is still perfectly in place.

I'm thinking maybe it's because we fear to accept that something so familiar, isn't anymore now. Or that maybe because this is not how we saw things to turn out in the end. We choose to deny the glaring enormity of the negative and concentrate on the positive, however infinitesimal, instead.

---------------------------------------------------
 
What you just read above is something that I wrote back in September 28, 2014, back when I was fresh out of college. That is my nineteen-year-old self sprouting bullshit after bullshit, but hey - my twenty six-year-old self just cannot believe being able to write something like that. 

I don't exactly know what brought me back to this blog, but I think a sense of nostalgia plays a huge part of it. Maybe reading my past posts can magically reawaken that part of me that is so eager to write just about almost everything under the sun. You see, I have been stuck in a writing rut for God knows how long, and I thought maybe this old online haven of thoughts can give me a little headstart to finally try again.

So, hello again, Blogspot. You have been a comforting reprieve from the early parts of my post-college life. Now that I am almost nearing my thirties, I'm sincerely hoping to feel that again within your space.

No comments:

Post a Comment